The Board recognizes the importance of an intramural program for all students covering a wide variety of sports and activities, both through instruction and organized competition.
The primary objectives of the district's intramural activities shall be:
1. To provide adequate facilities and qualified coaches and instructors for each activity.
2. To emphasize the fundamental skills required to perform each sport or activity with an acceptable degree of skill.
3. To teach participants to win with humility and to lose graciously.
4. To allow children to enjoy a sport without excessive pressure from parents or other adults.
5. To provide activity in sports for interested students who may not be able to compete in the regular secondary athletic programs.
ACSD 14, Colorado